- Day one - Marijuana is legally on sale! Look at these happy people being the first to buy!
- Week one -Legal marijuana stores are running out of pot!
- Week two - Marijuana is too expensive with marijuana taxes! Maybe we need to cut marijuana taxes!
- Month two - Marijuana is legal but people in the state are still buying from the black market!
- Every Halloween after legalization - Be careful of people handing out pot candy! (No one does this, but this story appears every year)
- Year one - Actually, prices at legal dispensaries have come down below pre-legalization levels and are putting pressure on the black market after all.
- Year two or three - Oh no, legal marijuana is getting too cheap!
Thursday, February 1, 2018
Predicting the news cycle in every state post marijuana legalization
Now that several states have legalized marijuana, it has become almost comically easy to predict how the news cycle will develop in each new state. It always follows this basic pattern: